• Monday, September 15th, 2014 - Kenny Selcer - mini set (3 songs) at The Colonial Inn Open Mic (run by Ellen Schmidt). 48 Monument Square, Concord, MA 01742. Open Mic starts at 6:30pm. I go on around 7:30. Features will be Brenda Asis and Deborah Galiga.
• Friday, September 19th, 2014 - Kenny Selcer opening for Cormac McCarthy at The Amazing Things Arts Center. I'll be playing with Steve Gilligan, bass and vocals. I'll be playing a 20-25 set. 8pm. 160 Hollis St, Framingham, MA 01701
• Saturday, September 20th, 2014 - Kenny Selcer at The Crescent Dairy Farmer's Market, 407 Bay Road, Sharon, MA. 10:00am - 2pm.
• Saturday, September 20th, 2014 - Chris Nauman with Kenny Selcer and Steve Gilligan at The Javawocky Coffeehouse in Brockton for Saturday, September 20th. 7:30pm.
• Saturday, September 27th, 2014 - Kenny Selcer Band at The Paradise Cafe, 565 High St., Dedham, MA 02026 - (781) 326-5674. 8:30-10:30pm. Kenny Selcer band is Kenny Selcer, guitar, vocals, Liz Buchanan, vocals, percussion, Phil Punch, congas, and Steve Gilligan, bass, vocals.
Kenny’s latest CD, Don’t Forget About Me, is available! Order yours now!
Listen, download, buy here at Bandcamp. Individual songs or entire CD!
Review from Maverick Magazine(Nov-Dec. 2012 Edition, from the UK). It's on 2 pages, 73 and 74. Check it out on lower right of this page and then click the page thing to get to the rest of the review. review by Alan Cackett, editor.
Join My Mailing List!! Sign Up for Kenny's latest news, upcoming performance information, and updates on events and album releases, photos and more. Click Here.
Kenny Selcer Band's New Video! Take a look.
Here's my most recent Newsletter.
_Reviews of Kenny's CD, Don't Forget About Me
Bill Copeland's Music News
Joe Tortelli at trmzoo.com
Craig Fenton - Author - Jefferson Airplane “Take Me To A Circus Tent” Jefferson Starship “Have You Seen The Stars Tonite”
"Kenny's vocals make me think of a cross between Tom Petty and Bob Dylan. There’s a cool blend of music on this disc. At times it’s not far removed from Americana and classic rock. Other cuts lean heavily on pure folk music, while different points in the set seem more like country music. However you slice it, though, this is an entertaining set that, while not perfect, is pretty consistent." -GW Hill, Music Street Journal
****Live solo version of Fallen Down - version of the song from the new cd!
_Kenny’s latest CD, Don’t Forget About Me, is available!
Order yours now!
"The most powerful thing I've noticed about Kenny Selcer's album, Don't Forget About Me, is this: listening to it makes me feel good. Don't get me wrong- this isn't simple, superficial music. Nothing of the sort. These songs are songs that tell the truth about what it is like to be alive- facing loss, facing the future, facing our task here on earth: to create a life that is authentic and meaningful. How can I help but feel good in the presence of music that is this kind of real? Add to this, the fact that these are wonderfully crafted songs- that Kenny's voice rings true, and that his guitar playing is transcendental- and you have a winning combination. Thanks for making this for us all- you have cooked us up a delicious banquet of sound!" - Lynn McKenna, music lover, singer and songwriter, musician
“Through candid storytelling and inspired guitar play, Kenny Selcer delivers a stimulating mind-body listening experience. Engaging tales of relationship pain, frustration, hope and desire will provoke listeners to revisit thoughts of their own relationships. Listeners will not, however, find themselves stewing in self-reflection for very long as Selcer’s lively guitar licks send them truckin’ on down the road to relationship renewal.” – Dennis Carlan, Lyric Tree Publishing
Webmaster Kenny Selcer: email@example.com - ©2014 Ken Selcer - All rights reserved.